1. Applicants must be past, or current members of the Port Orange Police Athletic League for at least one year. Applicants cannot be related to any member of the Port Orange PAL Board of Directors.
2. Applicant’s need for financial assistance will be considered, but is not the only criteria.
3. Applicants must be graduating high school seniors and possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.8, verified by an official transcript.
4. Applicants must enclose an official transcript in a sealed envelope from their high school.
5. Applicants must submit a typewritten essay of at least 250 words, double spaced, with proper grammar and punctuation. The essay will answer the following question: If you had the opportunity to change your community in a positive way, what specific changes would you make?
6. If selected, the applicant must be enrolled full-time in a college, university, or vocational/technical school for the fall term of 2024.
7. Applicants must provide two (2) letters of recommendation demonstrating strong moral character, leadership skills, extracurricular activities, and community service.
8. Applicants must include a recent photo (headshot) with their application packet.
9. The application packet with required attachments must be postmarked no later
than April 1, 2023.
Application packets must be mailed to:
The Port Orange Police Department
4545 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Port Orange, FL 32129
NOTE: Hand delivered application packets will not be accepted. Incomplete packets or packets postmarked after April 1, 2023 will not be eligible for consideration.
Port Orange Police Athletic League